About Barbara Mathieson
I was always taught to keep our earth clean. Just as I was taught to make my bed each day, brush my teeth and clean up after myself whether indoors or outdoors.
I started this blog in June 2007 because I was disgusted at the amount of litter I found. I wanted others to see what we were doing to our earth. When I was taught in Sunday School that God gave man dominion over the earth, I interpreted that as follows:
- We are to preserve the earth for generations who follow us.
- We are to care for and maintain its natural beauty.
- We are not to disturb the balance of nature.
- We take just what we need for survival from the earth.
- We protect wildlife and our fellow animals to prosper in their habitats.
Other than that, loving, respecting and accepting each other for our differences and giving back to the earth is the essence of my spiritual journey.
After a great career in print production in magazines and catalogs, I’ve been on a cool journey. I’ve sold promotional products (and still do). My husband and I operate a pet sitting business in zip code 37221. I have revved up my volunteering in the community, which is what I love to do. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.